Bears Visit Huskies Saturday
Jan. 26, 2001
* Cal seeks its first road sweep of Washington State and Washington since 1993 when the Bears visit the Huskies Saturday afternoon.
* Sean Lampley had his fourth double-double of the season and the 25th of his career when he finished with season highs in points (27) and rebounds (12) at Washington State.
* With a 12-2 record since Dec. 5, Cal is in the midst of its best 14-game stretch since the Bears also went 12-2 from Jan. 27-March 10, 1994. If Cal can defeat Washington, the Bears 13-2 mark would be their best 15-game run since going 14-2 from Dec. 10, 1993 through Feb. 10, 1994. That '93-94 squad, by the way, featured All-Americans Jason Kidd and Lamond Murray.
* After losing four straight overtime games heading into this season, the Bears are 2-0 in overtime this year, beating Mississippi State, 83-76, to start the season and edging Washington State, 75-71, Thursday. The WSU victory was Cal's first OT triumph on the road since defeating Arizona, 98-83, on Jan. 13, 1994 in Tucson.
* Despite getting little recognition in the national polls, Cal is 22nd in the RPI and 21st in the Sagarin ratings.
* Cal's 13-5 record is the team's best after 18 games since the 1997 squad went 16-5 in Ben Braun's first year in Berkeley.
* Sean Lampley has scored at least 20 points in five of Cal's first six Pac-10 games. He now has 1,510 career points to rank sixth on the Bears all-time list.
* Despite coming off the bench, Joe Shipp has reached double figures in six of his last eight games, including 21 points vs. Oregon State and 15 vs. both Arizona State and Washington State.
* Cal is 12-0 when the Bears make more free throws than their opponents attempt.
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive