Trojans Post 5-2 Win Over Georgia Tech
Feb. 8, 2001
Los Angeles, Calif. -- The No. 24 USC men's tennis team (5-1) won five of six singles matches to earn a 5-2 dual match victory over Georgia Tech (2-1) this afternoon at Marks Tennis Stadium.
The Trojans opened the dual by dropping two of three doubles matches to give Georgia Tech a 1-0 lead. Nick Rainey and Ryan Moore earned USC's only doubles win with a 8-3 decision over Romain Coirault and Joao Menano at the No. 1 position.
USC needed just four points for the victory but ended with five of six wins in singles, including a easy sweep by Moore at No. 2 over Coirault 6-1, 6-1, and a hard-fought victory by Trojan Damien Spizzo over David Wright 7-6, 7-6 at No. 3.
The Trojans return to the court on Tuesday, Feb. 13, against UC Irvine. The match will played at Marks Tennis Stadium and begin at 1:30 p.m.
(1) Moore/Rainey (USC) def. Coirault/Menano (GTech) - 8-3
(2) Anderson/Wright (GTech) def. Park/Spizzo (USC) - 8-5
(3) Moros/Aguirre (GTech) def. Collins/Torres (USC) - 8-5
(1) Andrew Park (USC) def. Roger Anderson (GTech) - 6-2, 6-2
(2) Ryan Moore (USC) def. Romain Coirault (GTech) - 6-1, 6-1
(3) Damien Spizzo (USC) def. David Wright (GTech) - 7-6, 7-6
(4) Nick Rainey (USC) def. Sergio Aguirre (GTech) - 6-3, 6-2
(5) Ruben Torres (USC) def. Stephen Moros (GTech) - 6-3, 6-4
(6) Alex Navinkov (GTech) def. Parker Collins (USC) - 6-3, 6-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive