Men's Basketball Visits Oregon Saturday
Feb. 9, 2001
* Cal enters Saturday's game having won 15 of its last 18 games.
* As of Friday morning, the Bears are ranked 24 by the RPI and 25 in the Sagarin ratings.
* Thursday's 72-69 win over Oregon State was Cal's third overtime victory of the season. The Bears have won three OT games in a season for the first time since they were 3-1 in OT contests in 1971-72.
* Sean Lampley set his career high with 32 points vs. Oregon State, topping his previous best of 29 points set last year at Oregon and tied last Saturday vs. USC.
* In his last six games vs. Oregon (starting with his sophomore year), Lampley has averaged 20.2 ppg, including 23 points in the first game between the schools this year.
* Lampley suffered a slight left shoulder strain in the first half against Oregon State, but is listed a probable against the Ducks.
* Cal is 7-3 in Pac-10 games for the first time since 1997. If the Bears win Saturday, their 8-3 record would be their best league mark since the team was 9-2 through 11 games in 1994.
* Entering Saturday's game, Cal has won three straight road games in the Pac-10. The last time the Bears won four straight came in 1993 when they won five in a row.
* One more road victory will also ensure a winning mark away from home in Pac-10 play for the first time since 1994 when the Bears were 5-4 outside the East Bay. Cal is 4-2 in the Pac-10 on the road this year.
* With 1,603 points, Lampley needs just 86 points to pass Lamond Murray for first place on Cal's career scoring list.
* Shantay Legans has moved into 10th place on Cal's career three-point list with 83. After making 47 treys last year, he has a team-high 36 this season.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/26 | 6:30pm PTLive