Women's Tennis Falls to No. 25 Arizona, 6-1
Feb. 9, 2001
TUCSON, Ariz - The University of Oregon's women tennis team saw its three-match winning streak come to an end with a 6-1 setback from the University of Arizona. The Ducks fought hard in all three of the tightly contested doubles matches, but the Wildcats earned the first point and never looked back..
'In our first double match we played very well,' Oregon's women head coach Jack Griffin said.'Unfortunately, we lost in the tie breaker. We just didn't play as well as we needed to. Arizona is a good team. I just hope that we learn from this and get better.'
Junior Adeline Arnaud recorded Oregon's only singles victory with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Laresa Marino in the number four slot.
'Adeline Arnaud had a good day in singles. She played very well for us today.' Griffin said.
Oregon returns to action Saturday at Arizona State.
1. Michelle Gough, UA, def. Jeanette Mattson, UO, 6-1, 4-6, 6-3
2. Debbie Larocque, UA, def. Janice Nyland, UO, 6-2, 6-2
3. Sophie Regnier, UA, def. Monika Gieczys, UO, 6-3, 6-1
4. Adeline Arnaud, UO, def. Laresa Marino, UA, 6-3, 6-0
5. Perrine Peruin, UA, def. Vickie Gunnarsson, UO, 6-4, 6-3
6. Brooke Taylor, UA, def. Davina Mendiburu, UO, 7-6, 6-2
1. Regnier/Gough, UA, def. Menduburu/Nyland, UO, 9-8
2. Larocque/Marino, UA, def. Gieczys/Courtney Nagle, UO, 8-5
3. Pernin/Taylor, UA, def. Arnaud/Gunnarsson, UO, 8-6
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 8:00pm PTLive