Tenth-Ranked Women's Tennis Cruises Past Rebels of UNLV, 7-0
Feb. 17, 2001
TEMPE, Ariz. - The tenth-ranked Arizona State (5-1, 2-1) women's tennis team, for the third consecutive time, shut out its opponent by winning the doubles point and all six singles points. The Devils failed to drop a single set as they beat the Rebels of UNLV (2-5), 7-0, at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
In doubles play, ASU earned its team point by sweeping all three matches. Freshman Cindy Sureephong and teammate Megan Yeats improved their dual record to 6-0 with an 8-3 win over UNLV's Britta Gabl and Urska Radanovic on the No. 3 court.
In singles action, ASU continued to demonstrate solid play, failing to drop a single set in any of the six matches. Sophomore Megan Yeats and freshman Cindy Sureephong continued their unbeaten dual streaks. Yeats improved to 6-0 in dual play with a 6-0, 6-2 win over UNLV's Marianne Bakken on the No. 3 court, and Sureephong improved to 5-0 with a 6-2, 7-5 victory over Amy Hadziosmanovic on the No. 6 court.
The Devils look forward to continuing their home winning streak as they host Harvard on Monday at 1:30 p.m. (MST) at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
DOUBLES:1. McCoury/Brown (ASU) def. Janus/Abram, 8-5
2. Palme/Engel (ASU) def. Bakken/Hadziosmanovic, 8-5
3. Yeats/Sureephong (ASU) def. Gabl/Radanovic, 8-3
SINGLES:1. (45) Adria Engel (ASU) def. (76) Paulina Janus (UNLV), 6-3, 6-1
2. Karin Palme (ASU) def. (79) Agnieszka Abram (UNLV), 6-0, 6-2
3. (70) Megan Yeats (ASU) def. Marianne Bakken (UNLV), 6-0, 6-2
4. Faye DeVera (ASU) def. Urska Radanovic (UNLV), 6-2, 6-1
5. Mhairi Brown (ASU) def. Britta Gable (UNLV), 6-1, 6-1
6. Cindy Sureephong (ASU) def. Amy Hadziosmanovic (UNLV), 6-2, 7-5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive