No. 24 Men's Tennis Blanks Loyola Marymount, 7-0
March 1, 2001
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The 24th-ranked Arizona State men's tennis team (7-3, 2-1 Pac-10) shutout Loyola Marymount University (1-6), 7-0 today at the Whiteman Tennis Center.
The dual started with the singles first as the Sun Devils swept all six matches, dropping only one set. ASU's Jarrod Eckermann came off first on the No. 6 court as he defeated Michael Levin, 6-4, 6-0. Nic Dubey quickly followed on the No. 1 court with a straight sets 6-1, 6-3 win over Leopold Graeubig.
Mirza Duranovic posted his 20th win of the year and his 80th career win as he downed LMU's Beau Berglund on the No. 4 court, 6-2, 6-4.
In doubles action, ASU's swept the first two matches on the No. 1 and No. 3 courts for the one point. So with the dual already decided, the two teams did not play the No. 2 doubles.
Up next, Arizona State will jump back into Pac-10 action as they travel to UCLA on Friday, March 9.
1. Nic Dubey (ASU) def. Leopold Graeubig (LMU), 6-1, 6-3
2. Matt Klinger (ASU) def. Carsten Bitschkus (LMU), 7-6 (4), 6-2
3. Mirza Duranovic (ASU) def. Beau Berglund (LMU), 6-2, 6-4
4. Pim Van Mele (ASU) def. Ryan Gerstner (LMU), 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
5. Olivier Charroin (ASU) def. Erik Nelson-Kortland (LMU), 6-3, 6-2
6. Jarrod Eckermann (ASU) def. Michael Levin (LMU), 6-4, 6-0
1. Dubey/Klinger (ASU) def. Bitschkus/Graeubig (LMU), 8-1
3. Mitchell Bowen/Charroin (ASU) def. Nelson Kortland/Thad O'Grady (LMU), 8-6
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive