Women's Tennis Posts 7-0 Win Over LMU
March 28, 2001
Los Angeles -- The 18th-ranked USC women's tennis team held Loyola Marymount without a single set victory en route to a 7-0 win on Wednesday afternoon at Marks Tennis Stadium. With the victory, the Women of Troy improve to 12-5, while the Lions drop to 6-7 overall.
For the fourth time this season, USC won all three doubles matches to enter singles play with a 1-0 lead. Tiffany Brymer was the first off the court for the Trojans with a 6-1, 6-3 decision over Milica Cukulic. Jewel Peterson posted USC's third point with a 6-2, 6-0 win over Penka Fileva, and freshman Melissa Esmero followed with a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 6 over Julie Hladik to clinch the match for the Women of Troy.
LMU was unable to win a set as USC clinched all six singles matches with two-set victories.
The Women of Troy prepare to host No. 29 UCLA this Friday (March 30) at 1:30 p.m. at Marks Tennis Stadium.
USC 7, Loyola Marymount 0
(1) Brymer/Peterson (USC) def. Zdorovytska/Lord (LMU) - 8-6
(2) Esmero/Loyola (USC) def. Hladik/Freudenberg (LMU) - 8-2
(3) Bayani/Diaz (USC) def. Fileva/Cukulic (LMU) - 8-2
USC wins doubles point
(1) Jewel Peterson (USC) def. Penka Fileva (LMU) - 6-2, 6-0
(2) Anita Loyola (USC) def. Andrea Lord (LMU) - 7-6, 6-4
(3) Maureen Diaz (USC) def. Angelina Zdorovytska (LMU) - 6-2, 7-5
(4) Tiffany Brymer (USC) def. Milica Cukulic (LMU) - 6-1, 6-3
(5) Bernadette Bayani (USC) def. Holli Freudenberg (LMU) - 6-3, 6-4
(6) Melissa Esmero (USC) def. Julie Hladik (LMU) - 6-2, 6-1
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive