No. 9 Women's Tennis Unable to Pull Off a Victory Against No. 3 Stanford
April 13, 2002
STANFORD, Calif.- No. 3 Stanford women's tennis picked up its 14th straight victory of the season on Saturday, defeating No. 9 Arizona State 7-0 in Pac-10 conference action at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium. The Sun Devils fall to 12-6 with the loss.
On the singles side, the Sun Devils continued to struggle, losing six tough matches.
The Devils played well, but were still unable to break the No. 3 Cardinals of Stanford.
Next up for the Sun Devils is an away match against the University of Arizona on April 20th in Tucson.
1) No. 10 Lauren Kalvaria (STAN) def. No. 20 Adria Engel (ASU) 6-3, 6-2
2) No. 18 Gabriela Lastra (STAN) def. No. 29 Dora Krstulovic (ASU) 6-2, 7-5
3) No. 14 Lauren Barnikow (STAN) def. No. 74 Mhairi Brown (ASU) 6-1, 6-1
4) No. 24 Erin Burdette (STAN) def. Cindy Sureephong (ASU) 6-7, 6-4, 10-5
5) Keiko Tokuda (STAN) def. Lauren Colallilo (ASU) 6-3, 6-3
6) Emilia Anderson (STAN) def. Joselynn Burkett (ASU) 6-1, 7-5
1) No. 2 Kalvaria-Lastra (STAN) def. No. 24 Engel-Krstulovic (ASU) 8-4
2) Brown-Sureephong (ASU) def. No. 14 Barnikow-Burdette (STAN) 8-4
3) Tokuda-Story Tweedie-Yates (STAN) def. Colalillo-Megan Yeats (ASU) 9-8 (7-5)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive