No. 15 Women's Tennis Captures Third Place At Minnesota Court Classic
Feb. 2, 2003
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - No. 15 Washington women's tennis captured third-place at the Minnesota Court Classic, Sunday, with a 7-0 win over No. 75 Marshall as the four-team dual tournament came to a close at the Baseline Tennis Center. The Huskies are now 3-1 overall this season.
Washington won all six singles matches in straight sets, while capturing two of the three doubles matches. The only Huskies to suffer defeat were the All-America doubles pair of junior Claire Carter and senior Darija Klaic. Carter and Klaic, ranked third in the nation, have been upset for the second-straight match, this time to Jessica Johnson and Alice Sukner, 9-7.
Carter and Klaic, each picked up singles wins, as did senior Erin Boisclair, senior Colleen Gray, freshman Dinka Hadzic and senior Andrea Coulter. Other doubles action included wins by Gray and sophomore Dea Sumantri, and Boisclair and Hadzic.
Up next for the Huskies, should they qualify, will be the National Team Indoor Championships, held Thursday, Feb. 6, through Sunday, Feb. 9, at Madison, Wisc.
Washington Women's Tennis vs. Marshall
February 2, 2003 o Minnesota Court Classic, Baseline Tennis Center
#15 Washington 7, #75 Marshall 0
1. Claire Carter (UW) def. Jessica Johnson (Mar), 7-6, 6-2
2. Darija Klaic (UW) def. Alice Sukner (Mar), 6-4, 6-2
3. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Lillie Nzudie (Mar), 6-0, 6-0
4. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Danielle Hock (Mar), 7-6, 6-2
5. Dinka Hadzic (UW) def. Joelle Good (Mar), 6-3, 6-3
6. Andrea Coulter (UW) def. Ashley Kroh (Mar), 6-3, 6-3
1. Johnson/Sukner (Mar) def. Carter/Klaic (UW), 9-7
2. Gray/Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Nzudie/Kroh (Mar), 9-8
3. Boisclair/Hadzic (UW) def. Hock/Skalsky (Mar), 8-5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive