Women's Tennis Downs Fresno State 6-1
March 25, 2003
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Fourteenth-ranked Washington women's tennis cruised to its 10th-straight victory, defeating Fresno State, 6-1, in Sacramento, Calif., Tuesday. The contest was the second of a four-match spring break road trip in Northern California. With the victory, the Huskies improved to 12-1 on the season.
Washington came away with four singles wins and a doubles victory to take the match. Sophomore Dea Sumantri and senior Erin Boisclair remained undefeated in dual action this season with wins at No. 2 and No. 4 singles, respectively. Sumantri improved to 12-0 in duals (21-2 overall) with a straight-set win over Fresno State's Lucia Tallo, 6-3, 6-4, while Boisclair upped her dual mark to 13-0 (18-4 overall) with a two-set win over Katherin Winterhalter, 7-5, 7-5.
Sumantri and senior Colleen Gray won the Husky doubles match with a 9-7 victory over Vlatka Jovanovic and Kristy McRae.
The Huskies opened the spring break trip with a 6-1 win over Sacramento State, Sunday, and will conclude the week with Pac-10 matches at No. 2 Stanford and No. 3 Cal, Thursday, March 27 (12 p.m.), and Friday, March 28 (12 p.m.).
Washington Women's Tennis vs. Fresno State
March 25, 2003 o Fresno, Calif.
#14 Washington 6, Fresno State 1
1. Chloe Carlotti (FSU) def. (36) Claire Carter (UW), 6-1, 7-5
2. (87) Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Lucia Tallo (FSU), 6-3, 6-4
3. Darija Klaic (UW) def. Vlatka Jovanovic (FSU), 6-4, 7-5
4. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Katherin Winterhalter (FSU), 7-5, 7-5
5. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Kristy McRae (FSU), 7-5, 6-3
6. UW wins by default
1. Tallo/Carlotti (FSU) def. (9) Carter/Klaic (UW), 9-8
2. Gray/Sumantri (UW) def. Jovanovic/McRae (FSU), 9-7
3. UW wins by default