Men's Tennis Suffers 7-0 Loss At Stanford
April 4, 2003
STANFORD, Calif. -- The No. 22 USC men's tennis team suffered a 7-0 road loss at seventh-ranked Stanford on Friday afternoon at the Taube Tennis Center. With the loss, the Trojans fall to 11-7 overall this season, while the Cardinal improves to 15-2. The match does not count against conference records.
USC posted its only win of the afternoon in doubles as Ruben Torres and Johan Berg upset Stanford's 27th-ranked KC Corkery and James Pade, 8-6, at No. 2. Despite the win, the Trojans lost the doubles point with losses at courts one and three.
Stanford won all six singles matches in straight sets to capture the victory. Torres was forced to retire his singles match at No. 4 due to injury. He suffered a mild ankle sprain at practice earlier this week.
USC continues its difficult trip through the Bay Area tomorrow when it faces No. 4 California in Berkeley at noon.
#7 Stanford 7, #22 USC 0
(1) #4 Martin/Lipsky (Stan) def. #17 Amritraj/Langre (USC) - 8-6
(2) Berg/Torres (USC) def. #27 Corkery/Pade (Stan) - 8-6
(3) Morris/Warburg (Stan) def. Collins/Livingston (USC) - 9-7
Stanford wins doubles point.
(1) #12 David Martin (Stan) def. #34 Prakash Amritraj (USC) - 6-2, 6-1
(2) #64 Scott Lipsky (Stan) def. #80 Johan Berg (USC) - 6-4, 6-3
(3) #53 KC Corkery (Stan) def. Daniel Langre (USC) - 7-5, 6-4
(4) #57 Sam Warburg (Stan) def. Ruben Torres (USC) - 6-4, 2-0, ret. (injury)
(5) James Pade (Stan) def. Parker Collins (USC) - 6-3, 6-1
(6) Phil Sheng (Stan) def. Whit Livingston (USC) - 6-3, 6-2
Fri 8/18 | 3:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/18 | 5:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/18 | 7:00pm PTLive