No. 12 Women's Tennis Fall to No. 9 Huskies of Washington
April 4, 2003
Seattle, Washington - As the No. 12 Arizona State Women's Tennis Team (8-6, 1-3 Pac-10) took to the road this weekend in hopes of winning two Pac-10 duals, they were met with the hungry No. 9 Huskies of Washington (13-3, 2-2 Pac-10).
As Friday's match wore on, the Sun Devils were just not able to swing the momentum in their direction as they lost 5-2.
While the Devils got swept in doubles, they were able to comeback and take a couple singles matches from the Huskies.
The rest of the match, however fell in the Huskies favor.
Up next the Devils hope to comeback to steal a win from Washington State(7-8, 0-3 Pac-10), who the Devils will face Saturday afternoon at 12 noon in Pullman, Washington.
Results for No. 12 Arizona State versus No. 9 University of Washington
1. (14) Adria Engel (ASU) def. (42) Claire Carter (UW), 7-5, 6-3
2. (45) Dea Sumantri (UW) def. (48) Dora Krstulovic (ASU), 6-1, 6-3
3. (88) Darija Klaic (UW) def. Mhairi Brown (ASU), 7-6, 6-1
4. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Lauren Colalillo (ASU), 6-0, 6-2
5. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Cindy Sureephong (ASU), 6-1, 6-2
6. Joslynn Burkett (ASU) def. Dinka Hadzic (UW), 3-6, 6-3 (10-5)
1. (11) Claire Carter/Darija Klaic (UW) def. (29) Lauren Colalillo/Adria Engel (ASU), 8-2
2. Colleen Gray/Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Cindy Sureephong/Mhairi Brown (ASU), 8-5
3. Erin Boisclair/Dinka Hadzic (UW) vs. Megan Yeats/Joslynn Burkett (ASU) - dnf
Final Score ASU 2, UW 5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive