Husky Women's Tennis Wins Second-Straight With 5-2 Victory Over Arizona
April 5, 2003
SEATTLE, Wash. - Ninth-ranked Washington women's tennis (14-3 overall, 3-2 Pac-10) completed a weekend sweep of the Arizona schools, defeating No. 45 Arizona, 5-2, at the Lloyd Nordstrom Tennis Center, Saturday afternoon. It was the second-straight win for Washington, who took care of Arizona State, 5-2, on Friday.
The Huskies won two of the three doubles matches, as the UW pair of Erin Boisclair and Erin Hoe clinched the point with an 8-6 win over Dianne Hollands and Kelly Perry in the No. 3 position. Also victorious was the team of Colleen Gray and Dea Sumantri who defeated Debbie Larocque and Kristy Randono, 8-3, in the No. 2 position.
The Wildcats won the top two singles matches, as 20th-ranked Emilie Scribot defeated 42nd-ranked Claire Carter at No. 1 (6-2, 6-2) and 75th-ranked Maja Mlakar upset 45th-ranked Sumantri at No. 2 (6-1, 6-4).
Washington won the remaining four singles matches all in straight sets, including Boisclair's 21st victory of the season. Darija Klaic, Gray, and Hoe also won their singles contests.
The Huskies continue their five-match homestand hosting USC, Friday, April 11, and UCLA, Saturday, April 12. Both Pac-10 matches will be held at 12 p.m. PT.
Washington Women's Tennis vs. Arizona
April 5, 2003 o Lloyd Nordstrom Tennis Center
#9 Washington 5, #45 Arizona 2
1. (20) Emilie Scribot (UA) def. (42) Claire Carter (UW), 6-2, 6-2
2. (75) Maja Mlakar (UA) def. (45) Dea Sumantri (UW), 6-1, 6-4
3. (88) Darija Klaic (UW) def. (54) Dianne Hollands (UA), 6-4, 6-0
4. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-1, 6-3
5. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Kelly Perry (UA), 6-1, 6-1
6. Erin Hoe (UW) def. Zorica Zasova (UA), 6-1, 6-0
1. Emilie Scribot/Maja Mlakar (UA) def. (11) Claire Carter/Darija Klaic (UW), 9-8 (4)
2. Colleen Gray/Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Debbie Larocque/Kristy Randono (UA), 8-3
3. Erin Boisclair/Erin Hoe (UW) def. Dianne Hollands/Kelly Perry (UA), 8-6
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Wed 10/26 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 2:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 5:00pm PTLive