No. 12 Women's Tennis Back In Form With a Win Over the No. 42 Cougars of Washington State
April 5, 2003
Pullman, WA- The Arizona State Women's Tennis Team seemed to fall back in the swing of things on Saturday afternoon with a 4-1 win over Washington State.
The Devils were coming off of a tough loss to Washington on Friday and stepped up to show the Cougars what they were capable of.
The Devils started well winning the doubles point, with Cindy Sureephong and Mhairi Brown defeating Lorena Arias and and Chris Martinez while fellow Devil duo Megan Yeats and Joslynn Burkett beat Zsofi Fodor and Zorana Roganovic 8-6.
The win brings the Devils to 9-6 for the season and 2-3 in conference play, while the Cougars drop to 7-10 for the year and 0-5 in the conference.
Up next the Devils will return home for three matches this week against Texas, and Califonia and Stanford, both of which are currently tied for second place in the national rankings.
The matches will take place on April 9, 11, and 12 at ASU's Whiteman Tennis Center.
Results for No.12 Arizona State versus Washington State
1. No. 14 Adria Engel (ASU) def. No. 107 Orsolya Sallai (WSU), 6-2, 6-1
2. Mhairi Brown (ASU) def. No. 95 Lorena Arias (WSU), 6-4, 6-4
3. Chris Martinez (WSU) def. Lauren Colalillo, 6-4, 6-2
4. Cindy Sureephong (ASU) def. Annabel Stefanchuk (WSU) 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
5. Did not finish
6. Did not finish
1. Arias/Martinez (WSU) def. No. 29 Colalillo/Engel (ASU), 8-5
2. Sureephong/Brown (ASU) def. Stefanchuk/Sallai (WSU), 8-3
3. Yeats/Burkett (ASU) def. Fodor/Roganovic (WSU), 8-6
Final Score ASU 4, WS 1
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive