Women's Tennis Falls to No. 9 Washington
April 5, 2003
SEATTLE, Wash. - The Arizona women's tennis team fell short of sweeping the Washington schools on the road with a 2-5 loss to the Huskies Saturday at the Lloyd Nordstrom Tennis Center in Seattle, falling to 6-10 overall, 1-9 in the Pac-10.
Washington took the doubles point with wins in the second and third spots, but graduate student Emilie Scribot and sophomore Maja Mlakar teamed up to upset the Huskies' No. 11 duo of Claire Carter and Darija Klaic, 9-8(4).
In singles play, the Wildcats tallied wins in the first and second spots. No. 20 Scribot defeated No. 42 Carter in the first spot, 6-2, 6-2. Following suit in the second spot, No. 75 Mlakar upset No. 45 Dea Sumantri, 6-1, 6-4.
The Wildcats will rest for a few days before hosting Texas on April 8, followed by Stanford on April 11 and Cal on April 12.
1. #20 Emilie Scribot (UA) def. #42 Claire Carter (UW), 6-2, 6-2
2. #75 Maja Mlakar (UA) def. #45 Dea Sumantri (UW), 6-1, 6-4
3. #88 Darija Klaic (UW) def. #54 Dianne Hollands (UA), 6-4, 6-0
4. Erin Boisclair (UW) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-1, 6-3
5. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Kelly Perry (UA), 6-1, 6-1
6. Erin Hoe (UW) def. Zorica Zasova (UA), 6-1, 6-0
1. Scribot/Mlakar (UA) def. #11 Claire Carter/Darija Klaic (UW), 9-8(4)
2. Colleen Gray/Dea Sumantri (UW) def. Debbie Larocque/Kristy Randono (UA), 8-3
3. Erin Boisclair/Erin Hoe (UW) def. Dianne Hollands/Kelly Perry (UA), 8-6