Pacific Life Pac-10 Tournament Notes
March 10, 2005
- Arizona advances to the semifinals for the sixth time in the tournament's eight-year history. Arizona coach Lute Olson is 9-1 in his career in the semifinal and final rounds of the Pac-10 Tournament.
- The Wildcats are now 3-0 all-time against Cal in the Pac-10 Tournament and 46-24 overall in the all-time series. Arizona has won 13 of the last 14 games against the Bears.
- The 25-point margin of victory is the second-highest margin of victory in Tournament history. Only a 26-point (93-67) Arizona win over Oregon State in the 1988 title match has produced a larger margin of victory.
- Arizona senior guard Salim Stoudemire set a new Arizona school record for career three-point field goals with his 319th in the first half. He is just four away from tying the Pac-10 record of 323 set by Arizona State's Stevin Smith (1991-94).
- Arizona senior center Channing Frye shot .909 from the field (10-11) for the second-highest field goal percentage in Tournament history. The Tournament record is .917 (11-12) by Anthony Cook from Arizona (vs. OSU in 1989).
- Arizona's 22 assists in the game were the second-highest total in Tournament history (record is 23 by Arizona vs. Oregon State in 1989).
- Cal forward Dominic McGuire scored a career-high 13 points.
- Cal tied its season-lows for free throw attempts (9), rebounds (27) and turnovers (10) and set a season-low for fouls (10)
Thu 3/22 | 5:00pm PTLive
Fri 3/23 | 3:00pm PTLive
Fri 3/23 | 5:00pm PTLive