USC Stumbles In Singles, 5-1
April 11, 2005
Palo Alto, Calif. - The No. 13 USC men's tennis team fell, 5-1, to No. 18 Stanford on Sunday, April 10, in Palo Alto, Calif. in continued play from the match started Friday, but was halted due to rain. With the loss the Trojans drop to 11-11 and 3-3 in conference play, while the Cardinal improve to 12-8, 4-2.
The match started with singles play and though the teams each lead on three courts before the rains came, Stanford managed to execute its home court advantage and swung five of the matches in their favor to secure the victory. Johan Berg, ranked 93rd nationally, was the lone star for the Trojans as he won his sixth match in his previous seven with a 6-2, 6-4 victory at court three over James Wan.
USC closes out the regular season on Friday, April 15, at 1:30 p.m. when it travels across town to face rival UCLA.
No. 18 Stanford - 5, No. 13 USC - 1
No Doubles Matches Played
1. #2 Sam Warburg (Stanford) def. #10 Jamil Al-Agba (USC) - 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. #18 KC Corkery (Stanford) def. #62 Drew Hoskins (USC) - 6-4, 6-2
3. #93 Johan Berg (USC) def. James Wan (Stanford) - 6-2, 6-4
4. Phil Sheng (Stanford) def. Kaes Van't Hof (USC) - 4-6, 6-4, 7-5
5. Eric McKean (Stanford) def. Eric McKean (USC) - 7-5, 6-3
6. Phil Kao (Stanford) def. Adam Loucks (USC) - 7-6, 7-5
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 12/15 | 5:00pm PTLive