Cardinal Sweeps Hawaii 7-0 in Pre-Season Match
Nov. 23, 2005
The Cardinal men's tennis team defeated the University of Hawaii 7-0 on November 22 in a pre-season match held at the Orchid Hotel and Resort on the Island of Hawaii. The match does not count towards the team's season record, but the individual results will count towards individual records and rankings.
Stanford won all six singles matches and scored the doubles point by winning all three doubles matches. K.C. Corkery, playing No. 1 for the Cardinal, defeated Hawaii's Sascha Heinemann 6-4, 6-4 as all six singles matches were straight set victories.
James Wan, Blake Muller and Jon Wong, playing No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 singles, were also winners in straight sets. Corkery and Pade won their doubles match 8-5 along with Bruch and Wong at No. 2 doubles and Muller and Jeff Zeller at No. 3 singles.
Stanford Men's Tennis Results
November 22, 2005
Orchid Hotel and Resort, Hawaii
Stanford 7, Hawaii 0
Singles (each match is worth one team point)
1. K.C. Corkery (STAN) def. Sascha Heinemann, 6-4, 6-4
2. Matt Bruch (STAN) def. Bryon Weinberg, 6-1, 6-2
3. James Pade (STAN) def. Ryan Sceats 6-4, 6-4
4. James Wan (STAN) def. Derrick Lajola , 6-3, 6-4
5. Blake Muller (STAN) def. Jarrod Diepraam, 6-4, 6-3
6. Jon Wong (STAN) def. Chad Faulk, 6-3, 6-1
Doubles (must win 2 of 3 matches for one team point)
1. Corkery/Pade (STAN) def. Sceats/Diepraam, 8-5
2. Bruch/Wong (STAN) def. Heinemann/Lajola, 8-4
3. Muller/Zeller (STAN) def. Weinberg/Fitch, 8-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive