Bears Host Oregon State Saturday at 5 p.m.
Jan. 6, 2006
Oregon State Beavers (7-6, 0-2) at California Golden Bears (9-3, 3-0)
Saturday, Jan. 7, 5:00 p.m., Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
Radio: KYCY (1550 AM)
TV: Fox Sports Net
A Quick Look at the Golden Bears
* California looks to extend its winning streak to four games when the Golden Bears host Oregon State Saturday at 5 p.m.
* Now 3-0 in the Pac-10, Cal is alone in first place in the conference standings as the only undefeated team in the league. The last time the Bears began with three straight Pac-10 wins was in 2003 when they won their first seven contests en route to a 13-5 mark.
* Junior G Ayinde Ubaka set a career high with 29 points vs. Oregon Thursday, breaking his previous best of 21 points against Northeastern Nov. 26.
* Sophomore F Leon Powe tied his personal high of 27 points against Oregon. He also had 27 vs. San Jose State on Nov. 30 and vs. UC Irvine on Dec. 3, 2003.
* Against Oregon, Ubaka and Powe became the first Cal tandem to each score at least 25 points in a game since Lamond Murray (26) and Jason Kidd (25) vs. Oregon on March 3, 1994.
* Cal has made 18-of 33 three-point attempts (54.5%) in Pac-10 games, led by Richard Midgley's 6-for-8 from behind the arc. The Bears' overall rate of 41.0 percent is higher than the full-season school record of 38.7 percent set in 1990.
* Now averaging 19.5 ppg and 10.1 rpg, Powe is trying to become the first Cal player to average a double-double since Brian Hendrick in 1992 (16.1 ppg, 10.7 rpg).
* Ubaka, who sprained his left ankle with about six minutes left in Thursday's game vs. Oregon, is listed as probable for Saturday's Oregon State contest.
* Cal committed a season-low nine turnovers vs. Oregon and now averages just 13.16 per game. The Bears have had more than 15 turnovers only twice this year - 17 vs. Kansas and 16 at UCLA.
* Cal has made 41 more free throws than its opponents have attempted this year (201 to 160).
* The Bears have held a halftime lead in all but their season-opener this year (trailed at Eastern Michigan, 34-33) and have outscored opponents in the first half by an average of 37.2-29.9.
Wed 10/26 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 2:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 5:00pm PTLive