Day One Results from Men's Tennis SDSU Invitational
Jan. 13, 2006
La Jolla, Calif. - The Arizona State Men's Tennis Team began play today at the San Diego State University Aztec Invitational, where they took on the Aztecs in their final tournament before their dual season begins.
The Devils were able to take doubles from the Aztecs as the Devil duo of TJ Bellama and Nick Hegarty took down SDSU's Anthony Gomez and Eugenio Romero 8-2 with their teammates Jonathan Kinsella and Ryan McBride following them with a 9-8 (5) win over Benedikt Stronk and Marcus Dickhardt.
ASU also came out strong in singles play as they were able to take four of the seven matches played on the day, all of them won in straight sets. Nick Hegarty and TJ Bellama led the way for the Devils as they both won their singles matches 6-2, 6-4 over Aztecs Anthony Gomez and Nima Ossareh.
Play continues tomorrow at the Aztec Invitational with the start time at 11 a.m. PST.
Results from Day One of the San Diego State University Invitational:
1) Benedikt Stronk (SDSU) def. Ryan McBride (ASU), 7-6 (5), 2-6, 6-3
2) Markus Dickhardt (SDSU) def. Jonathan Kinsella (ASU), 6-2, 6-2
3) Christopher Biro (ASU) def. Robert Sabo (SDSU), 6-1, 7-6 (2)
4) Stephan Timu (SDSU) def. Mike Beatty (ASU), 6-4, 6-2
5) Wes Miller (ASU) def. Eugenio Romero (SDSU), 6-3, 6-4
6) Nick Hegarty (ASU) def. Anthony Gomez (SDSU), 6-2, 6-4
7) T.J. Bellema (ASU) def. Nima Ossareh (SDSU), 6-2, 6-4
1) Kinsella/McBride (ASU) def. Stronk/Dickhardt (SDSU), 9-8 (5)
2) Timu/Sabo (SDSU) def. Waites/Beatty, 8-1
3) Bellema/Hegarty (ASU) def. Gomez/Romero (SDSU), 8-2
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive