Cardinal Host No. 9/10 Washington On Sunday
Jan. 28, 2006
The Stanford men's basketball team will wrap up weekend action with a conference matchup against No. 9/10 Washington on Sunday, January 29, at 5 p.m. at Maples Pavilion. The game will be televised on FOX Sports Net.
* Stanford will take a two-game winning streak into Sunday's game against Washington ... The Cardinal have won five of their last six games and are 7-1 at home this season (4-0 in conference).
* Senior Matt Haryasz has score 20 or more points in four consecutive games ... The last Cardinal player to have 20 or more points in four consecutive games was Casey Jacobsen in 2001-02 ... Haryasz has seven 20-plus point games this season ... He has registered at least one block in the last four games ... Haryasz is shooting .614 over the past four games (35-for-57) from the floor.
* The Cardinal have now won seven consecutive games in Maples since an opening game loss to UC Irvine on 11/19.
* Sophomore center Peter Prowitt was cleared to play in Thursday's game against Washington State where he played four minutes ... He is expected to be available to play on Sunday vs. the Huskies and see playing time.
* Chris Hernandez has 298 career free throws which ties him for 17th all-time on The Farm ... Dion Cross (1992-96) is 16th with 318 career FT ... Hernandez has 1,043 career points (30th all-time at Stanford).
* Matt Haryasz has 587 career rebounds, putting him in 17th all-time on The Farm ... Brent Williams (1990-94) is 16th with 611.
* Hernandez tied a season-high with three steals vs. Washington State on Thursday night ... His career high is six (four times) ... Tim Morris also tied a season- and career-high with one block against the Cougars.
* Mitch Johnson's 4-for-4 effort at the charity stripe vs. WSU was his best of the season and collegiate career.
* Hernandez has made at least one three-pointer in all 16 games for the Cardinal this season.
* Stanford is 6-4 in the last 10 meetings with Washington and have won 12 straight at Maples.
* Hernandez has scored in double digits in six of the last seven games.
* Haryasz is closing in on 1,000 points for his career and currently has 916 ... He should eclipse 1,000 points and 600 rebounds for his career this season, becoming the 14th player in Stanford history to accomplish the feat.
* Hernandez has 159 career three-pointers, which ranks seventh on The Farm.
Stanford Record When....
Vs. ranked teams: 0-1
Vs. unranked teams: 9-6
On the road: 1-5
At home: 7-1
Lead at halftime: 8-2
Trail at halftime: 1-5
Tied at halftime: 0-0
In overtime: 0-1
Last five games: 4-1
Last 10 games: 7-3
TV games: 6-3
Non-TV games: 3-4
When SU shoots 50% or better: 0-1
When SU shoots less than 50%: 9-6
When SU outrebounds opponent: 8-2
When SU is outrebounded: 1-5
Tied in rebounds: 0-0
When SU has more FT attempts: 8-3
When Opp. Has more FT attempts: 1-4
When SU scores less than 70: 3-5
When SU scores between 70-79: 4-1
When SU scores between 80-89: 2-1
When SU scores between 90-99: 0-0
When SU scores over 100: 0-0
Games decided by less than pts: 1-0
Games decided by less than 10 pts: 1-3
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive