Dwight Dumais Claims Second Place At Pac-10 Championship
Feb. 24, 2006
Federal Way, Wa - For the second straight day, Stanford freshman Dwight Dumais has finished a respectable second place to Arizona State's Joona Puhakka at the Pac-10 Men's Diving Championship on Friday night at the Weyerhauser King County Aquatics Center.
On Thursday, Dumais placed second in three-meter diving to Joona Puhakka, a two-time Olympian (2000, 2004) from Finland, who won the one-meter springboard NCAA title and defended his national three-meter springboard championship last year. Puhakka, the 2005 Pac-10 and NCAA Diver of the Year, captured the 2006 league title in one-meter crown on Friday with 417 points. Dumais tallied 363.70 points.
On Saturday, the 2006 Pac-10 men's platform diving champion will be crowned.
Pac-10 Diving Championship (finals, one meter diving)
1. Joona Puhakka, Arizona State, 417.00 points
2. Dwight Dumais, Stanford, 363.70 points
3. Kenny Jenkins, USC, 342.55 points
4. Brant Bingham, Arizona State, 341.95 points
5. Michael Hilde, USC, 336.10 points
6. John Collier, Arizona, 327.05 points
7. Patrick Sullivan, Arizona, 310.65 points
8. Javier Rivas, California, 271.85 points
8. Billy Sweeney, Arizona State, 291.10 points
9. Richard Helvie, California, 261.10 points
10. Nathan Kim, Stanford, 242.85 points
Saturday, February 25
2:15 p.m. - men's platform preliminaries
5:15 p.m. - men's platform final
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive