No. 1 Stanford Bests No. 48 Arizona
March 4, 2006
After a 4-0 victory yesterday over Arizona State University, Stanford returned to the Taube Family Tennis Stadium this afternoon to battle it out against the University of Arizona. The Cardinal won 7-0 against the Wildcats. This is the fourth straight Pac-10 win for Stanford and the third loss for UA.
The Cardinal grabbed the doubles point with a 3-0 sweep. In singles, the lone Wildcat win went to Juliette Mavroleon in her second game against No. 11 Teresa Logar. Logar won the third game 1-0.
The Cardinal will return to the Taupe Center next Thursday, March 9 when they play William and Mary at 1:30 p.m.
#1 Stanford 7, #48 University of Arizona 0
1. #9 Amber Liu (S) def. Stephanie Balzert (UA) 6-3,6-0
2. #8 Alice Barnes (S) def. Danielle Steinberg (UA) 6-2,6-4
3. #11 Theresa Logar (S) def. Juliette Mavrolean (UA) 5-7,6-4 1-0(ll-9)
4. #14 Anne Yelsey (S) def. Kasia Jakowlew (UA) 6-3,6-2
5. #64 Whitney Deason (S) def. Tina Razloznik (UA) 6-3,6-2
6. #35 Celia Durkin (S) def. Jessie Rochefort (UA) 6-0,6-2
1. Barnes/Yelsey (S) def. Balzert/Mavrolean (UA) 8-2
2. Durkin/Liu (S) def. Jakowlew/Rochefort (UA) 8-0
3. Leija Hodzic/Jessica Nguyen (S) def. Steinberg/Iza Ferreira (UA) 8-1
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Thu 1/25 | 6:30pm PTLive