USC Men Fall 4-3 To Arizona State
April 1, 2006
TEMPE, ARIZ. -- The USC men's tennis team was handed another 4-3 loss on their Pac-10-opening road trip in Arizona with Saturday's tight loss to Arizona State. The No. 51-ranked Trojans won the doubles point and took another lead with two singles wins, but lost the final three singles matches to fall in the Pac-10 dual match. USC is now 7-10 overall and 0-2 in Pac-10 play.
Jeff Kazarian / Kaes Van't Hof secured the doubles point with a long 9-8 (5) win for USC. In singles play, Arizona State tied up the match with Jeff Kazarian's 6-3, 6-3 loss to Wes Miller. USC moved back ahead, however on victories at No. 2 and No. 3 singles by Van't Hof and Adam Loucks, respectively. The Sun Devils worked back ahead, however, claiming the remaining three singles matches to pass up the Trojans' 3-1 lead for a 4-3 Arizona State victory.
USC returns to Pac-10 action next weekend with home matches against California and Stanford. The Trojans face the Bears at 1:30 p.m. on Friday (April 7) and then play the Cardinal at 1 p.m. on Saturday (April. 8).
#55 Arizona State 4, #51 USC 3
(1) Kazarian/Van't Hof (USC) def. Kinsella/Waits (ASU) -- 9-8 (5)
(2) Loucks/Snyder (USC) def. Hegarty/McBride (ASU) -- 8-3
(3) Bellama/Miller (ASU) def. Cvetkovic/Livingston (USC) -- 8-6
(1) Jonathan Kinsella (ASU) def. Dejan Cvetkovic (USC) -- 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
(2) Kaes Van't Hof (USC) def. Chris Biro (ASU) -- 6-2, 7-6 (3)
(3) Adam Loucks (USC) def. Ryan McBride (ASU) -- 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
(4) Nick Hegarty (ASU) def. Chong Wang (USC) -- 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
(5) Wes Miller (ASU) def. Jeff Kazarian (USC) -- 6-3, 6-3
(6) Ryan Waits (ASU) def. Whit Livingston (USC) -- 7-6, 6-7, 6-3
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 9/29 | 4:30pm PTLive
Thu 9/29 | 7:00pm PTLive