Men's Tennis Blanked By #15 Stanford 6-0
April 15, 2006
PALO ALTO, Calif. - The Stanford Cardinal (14-3, 4-1) retaliated from their earlier loss this season to the Sun Devils Saturday afternoon with a 6-0 decision at the Taube Tennis Center in Palo Alto. The Sun Devils fall to 8-13 on the season and a 2-4 conference record.
The Cardinal dominated the match taking all six singles match-ups, five of them in straight sets.
The lone Devil to hang in for three sets was Jonathan Kinsella in the one-spot as he took on the 24th-ranked KC Corkery who took the first set 6-2, with Kinsella rallying back to take the second set 6-3. Corkery came back in the third to seal the match with a 6-2 win.
Doubles were not played.
The Sun Devils will return to action next weekend as they wrap up their regular season at home against their in-state rival, the University of Arizona Wildcats. The match will be held at ASU's Whiteman Tennis Center on Saturday, April 22 at 1:00 p.m.
Results for #51 Arizona State vs. #15 Stanford
1. #24 KC Corkery (Stan) d. #104 Jonathan Kinsella (ASU), 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
2. James Pade (Stan) d. Christopher Biro (ASU), 6-2, 6-4
3. James Wan (Stan) d. Nick Hegarty (ASU), 7-5, 4-6, 1-0
4. Blake Muller (Stan) d. Wes Miller (ASU), 6-1, 6-0
5. Phil Kao (Stan) d. TJ Bellama (ASU), 6-1, 6-3
6. Jon Wong (Stan) d. Mike Beatty (ASU), 6-1, 6-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive