USC Men Grab First Pac-10 Win In 4-3 Victory At Oregon
April 15, 2006
EUGENE, ORE. -- The USC men's tennis team snapped a five-match losing skid with a 4-3 win on the road against Oregon. The Trojans dropped the doubles point for the first time in four Pac-10 matches, but were strong on the singles side of the match on the way to their first Pac-10 victory of the season. USC improves to 8-13 overall and 1-5 in Pac-10 action.
Adam Loucks / Garrett Snyder were the only Trojan duo to grab a doubles win -- marking the pair's ninth straight win at the No. 3 doubles slot. Although down 1-0 going into singles play, USC firmed up its singles fight to power through to a long-awaited dual match victory.
Kaes Van't Hof, Adam Loucks, Chong Wang and Garrett Snyder all claimed singles wins, locking down the Nos. 3-6 singles positions for the Trojans. At No. 1 and No. 2 singles, Jamil Al-Agba and Dejan Cvetkovic were edged out of their respective three-set matches for Oregon's two singles points in the match.
The Trojans next host crosstown rival UCLA at 3 p.m. on Friday (April 21) to close out Pac-10 competition.
#50 USC 4, Oregon 3
(1) Thomas Bieri/Gustavo Loza (UO) def. Jamil Al-Agba/Dejan Cvetkovic (USC); 8-6
(2) Markus Schiller/Vlad Pino (UO) def. Jeff Kazarian/Kaes Van't Hof (USC); 8-4
(3) Adam Loucks/Garrett Snyder (USC) def. Eric Pickard/Hugh McDonald(UO) ; 8-4
Oregon wins doubles point.
(1) Markus Schiller (UO) def. Jamil Al-Agba (USC); 6-1, 5-7, 1-0 (def.)
(2) Thomas Bieri (UO) def. Dejan Cvetkovic (USC); 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (11-9)
(3) Kaes Van't Hof (USC) def. Arron Spencer (UO); 5-0, ret.
(4) Adam Loucks (USC) def. Mike Myrhed (UO); 6-0, 6-1
(5) Chong Wang (USC) def. Gustavo Loza (UO); 6-2, 6-1
(6) Garrett Snyder (USC) def. Eric Pickard (UO); 6-3, 6-4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive