Tabitha Yim Finishes Third In Floor Exercise at NCAA's
April 22, 2006
Corvallis, Or - Stanford sophomore Tabitha Yim finished a highly successful 2006 season with a third place finish on Floor Exercise on Saturday night at the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships at Oregon State University.
Yim scored a 9.9125 to finish in a three-way tie for third place along with Ashley Miles of Alabama and Janet Anson of Iowa State. Kate Richardson of UCLA won the Floor Exercise title with a score of 9.9500 followed by Courtney Kupets of Georgia at 9.9375.
Yim also competed on Bars and finished ninth (9.3250). Kupets and Kristina Baskett of Utah finished tied for first place (9.8500).
Yim ended the NCAA Championship with three All-American honors in the All-Around, Bars and Floor Exercise. In only two seasons at Stanford, Yim has garnered seven All-American honors.
During the 2006 season, Yim won the NCAA West Regional and Pac-10 titles in the All-Around. Yim also won Regional title on Bars and tied for first on Beam, and finished third on Floor Exercise. At the Pac-10 Championship, Yim, in addition to winning the All-Around title, won the Beam crown, and finished second on Floor Exercise.
1. Kate Ricardson, UCLA, 9.9500
2. Courtney Kupets, Georgia, 9.375
3. Tabitha Yim, Stanford, 9.9125
3. Janet Anson, Iowa State, 9.9125
3. Ashley Miles, Alabama, 9.9125
1. Courtney Kupets, Georgia, 9.8500
1. Kristina Baskett, Utah, 9.8500
3. Ashley Kelly, Arizona State, 9.8375
9. Tabitha Yim, Stanford, 9.3250