NCAA Announces Division I Women's Golf Regional Selections
May 1, 2006
Indianapolis, In. - The NCAA Division I Women's Golf Committee has announced the teams and individuals selected to participate in the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Championships Regionals.
Three regional tournaments will be conducted May 11-13 to determine the championships field. Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition, and all national championships policies will apply.
A total of 324 participants have been selected for the regional competition. Of these players, 126 will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each region.
The championships finals will be held May 23-26 at the Scarlet Course, Columbus, Ohio, hosted by Ohio State University.
The regional sites and the selected teams and individuals are listed below.
The East regional will be played May 11-13 at the Bryan Park Golf Course, Bryan Park, North Carolina, hosted by Wake Forest University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
1. Arizona State
2. Auburn (Southeastern Conference)
4. Wake Forest
8. South Carolina
10. Florida State
12. North Carolina State
13. Augusta State
16. North Carolina
17. Mississippi State
18. Campbell (Atlantic Sun Conference)
19. College of Charleston (Southern Conference)
20. East Carolina (Conference USA)
21. Yale (Ivy Group)
1. Adrienne White, Louisville
2. Christina Jones, South Florida
3. Michelle Jarman, North Carolina-Wilmington
The Central regional will be played May 11-13 at The Traditions at Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, hosted by Texas A&M University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
1. Duke (Atlantic Coast Conference)
2. Southern California
4. Texas A&M (Big 12 Conference)
6. Oklahoma State
7. Kent State (Mid-American Conference)
8. Ohio State
9. Michigan State
18. Birmingham-Southern (Big South Conference)
19. Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley Conference)
20. Jackson State (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
21. St. Francis (Pennsylvania) (Northeast Conference)
1. Samantha Richdale, Illinois State
2. Amy Schmucker, Michigan
3. Amanda Costner, Kansas
The West regional will be played May 11-13 at the Washington National Golf Club, Las Auburn, Washington, hosted by the University of Washington. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
1. UCLA (Pacific-10 Conference)
3. Purdue (Big Ten Conference)
5. UNLV (Mountain West Conference)
8. New Mexico
10. Long Beach State
11. Brigham Young
12. UC Irvine (Big West Conference)
13. San Jose State (Western Athletic Conference)
14. Denver (Sun Belt Conference)
15. Oregon State
16. Washington State
17. New Mexico State
18. Georgia State (Colonial Athletic Association)
19. Oral Roberts (Mid-Continent Conference)
20. Bradley (Missouri Valley Conference)
21. Montana (Big Sky Conference)
1. Jessica Potter, San Francisco
2. Renee Skidmore, Idaho
3. Chelsea Benton, Colorado State
courtesy of NCAA
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/25 | 6:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/25 | 8:00pm PTLive