Washington Named 10th Seed at West Regional
May 8, 2006
Seattle - The 27th-ranked Washington men's golf team was named the No. 10 seed in the West Regional today when the NCAA announced the fields for its three regional championships. Washington will compete with 26 other teams May 18-20 at the Tucson National Golf Club for one of 10 spots to advance to the NCAA Championships. The Huskies are looking to advance out of regional play for the eighth consecutive year.
Washington received an at-large berth to the NCAA Regional after finishing as the runner-up at the Pac-10 Championship.
The top 10 teams from each regional will move on to the NCAA Championships that will take place May 31-June 3 at the Crosswater Club in Sunriver, Ore. The Huskies are one of just five teams to reach the NCAA Championships the past seven years.
The West Regional features some of the nation's top players, including UW's James Lepp , the defending NCAA Champion, and Baylor's Ryan Baca, the fourth-ranked player in the country according to Golfweek. Florida, ranked third, received the region's top seed while Arizona State, ranked seventh, is the number-two seed.
Including the Huskies, there are four Pac-10 teams in the regional including Arizona State, Arizona and Stanford.
Tucson National Golf Club in Tucson, Ariz.
Hosted by the University of Arizona
Teams (seeded in the following order):
2. Arizona State
3. Brigham Young
4. East Tennessee State
8. San Diego State
9. North Carolina State
11. New Mexico (Mountain West Conference)
17. Santa Clara
18. New Mexico State (Western Athletic Conference)
19. Fresno State
22. San Diego
23. Cal Poly (Big West Conference)
24. Western Kentucky (Sun Belt Conference)
25. Loyola Marymount (West Coast Conference)
26. Jackson State (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
27. Bucknell (Patriot League).
1. Graham DeLaet, Boise State
2. Dustin Pimm, Utah
3. Chadd Coco, Saint Mary's
4. Ryan Witz, Washington State
5. Ryan Wood, Long Beach State
6. Derrick Whiting, Colorado State
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive