Stanford Blanks Hawai'i 7-0 In Final Fall Tune-up
Nov. 28, 2006
WAILEA, Maui- Stanford blanked Hawai'i 7-0 in a mock dual match at the Grand Wailea Resort on Nov. 21, representing both team's final action during the fall season.
In singles play, Stanford registered straight-set wins in all six matches. No. 3 Theresa Logar breezed past Sabita Walkup 6-2, 6-3 at the No. 1 spot, No. 52 Jessica Nguyen blanked Chloe Bihag 6-0, 6-0 at No.3 and freshman Lindsay Burdette downed Jacqui Williams 6-2, 7-5 at No. 5 in her singles dual debut.
Stanford opens the spring season on Jan. 12. A split squad will make apperanaces at the Freeman Invitational in Las Vegas, Nev., and NCTC Classic at Indian Wells, Calif.
Stanford def. Hawai`i, 7-0
1. Durkin/Anne Yelsey (STAN) def. Walkup/Williams, 8-2
2. Burdette/Nguyen (STAN) def. Bihag/Wasko, 8-3
3. Logar/Whitney Deason (STAN) def. Aikawa/Sandborn, 8-3
1. Theresa Logar (STAN) def. Sabita Walkup, 6-2, 6-3
2. Celia Durkin (STAN) def. Kana Aikawa, 6-1, 6-0
3. Jessica Nguyen (STAN) def. Chloe Bihag, 6-0, 6-0
4. Lejla Hodzic (STAN) def. Samanta Cappella, 6-2, 6-3
5. Lindsay Burdette (STAN) def. Jacqui Williams, 6-2, 7-5
6. Megan Doheny (STAN) def. Julia Sandborn, 6-0, 6-1
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 5/24 | 4:00pm PTLive
Thu 5/24 | 7:00pm PTLive