No. 1 Women's Tennis Handles No. 46 Arizona, 6-1
Feb. 24, 2007
STANFORD, Calif.- No. 1 Stanford wrapped up its road trip to the desert with a 6-1 victory over No. 46 Arizona on Saturday afternoon in Tucson, Ariz.
One day after being swept in all three doubles matches during a 4-3 win at No. 22 Arizona State, Stanford (7-1) snagged the doubles point and a 1-0 lead over Arizona (5-5).
Stanford locked up victories at five of the six spots in the lineup, including quick wins from Nguyen (6-0, 6-1 over Kasia Jakowlew at No. 3) and Lindsay Burdette (6-1, 6-1 over Katie Orletsky at No. 5).
Lejla Hodzic suffered a 6-2, 6-3 loss at the No. 6 spot, representing Arizona's only point of the match.
Stanford returns home for a pair of matches next weekend. The Cardinal hosts Pepperdine on Friday, Mar. 2, at 1:30 p.m. before facing California on Saturday, Feb. 3 at noon. Stanford has already defeated California once this year in the form of a 6-1 decision at the National Team Indoor Championships.
(Stanford wins doubles point and takes 1-0 lead)
1. Mavroleon/Steinberg (ARIZ) d. Burdette/Yelsey (STAN) 8-7(3)
2. Hodzic/Nguyen (STAN) d. Toporowska/Jakowlew (ARIZ) 8-6
3. Deason/Logar (STAN) d. Orletsky/Todorova (ARIZ) 8-3
1. No. 15 Theresa Logar (STAN) d. Juliette Mavroleon (ARIZ) 6-3, 6-3
2. No. 67 Anne Yelsey (STAN) d. Danielle Steinberg (ARIZ) 1-6, 7-5, 6-2
3. No. 5 Jessica Nguyen (STAN) d. Kasia Jakowlew (ARIZ) 6-0, 6-1
4. Whitney Deason (STAN) d. Natalia Toporowska (ARIZ) 6-3, 6-3
5. No. 29 Lindsay Burdette (STAN) d. Katie Orletsky (ARIZ) 6-1, 6-1
6. Tina Razloznik (ARIZ) d. Lejla Hodzic (STAN) 6-2, 6-3
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 2:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/27 | 5:00pm PTLive