Huskies Seventh After First Two Rounds At Spartan Invitational
March 5, 2007
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Led by senior Amber Prange, Washington women's golf sits in seventh place after the first two rounds of the San Jose State Spartan Invitational at the Almaden Country Club, Monday. As a team, the Huskies finished the day at 33-over par 609, while Prange is tied for eighth place at four-over 148.
Washington endured a rough start in the morning round, shooting a 311 over the first 18 holes, but came back to shoot 298 in the afternoon round - a difference of 13 strokes. The Huskies trail team leader San Jose State, which ended the day at 5-over 581 (291-290). Colorado sits in second place at 16-over 592 and California is in third at 19-over 595.
Like the team, Prange's better round of the day came in the afternoon as the Husky senior carded an even-par 72 in the second round after a 4-over 76 in the first round. Washington had two players finish the first two rounds among the Top-20 individuals, with junior Kim Shin tied for 19th place at 7-over 151 (78-73). Rounding out Washington's other three finishers were freshman Molly Aronsson (t-37th at 10-over 154), freshman Christina Yoon (t-50th at 13-over 157) and redshirt-freshman Molly Boyle (66th at 19-over 163.
The third round and final round of the Spartan Invitational will begin with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. on Tuesday.
SJSU Spartan Invitational
Almaden Country Club
San Jose, Calif.
Par 72, 6121 yards
Team Results Through Two Rounds
1. San Jose State 291-290-581
2. Colorado 291-301-592
3. California 298-297-595
4. UC Irvine 297-301-598
5. Hawaii 302-300-602
6. Idaho 298-306-604
7. Washington 311-298-609
8. Nevada 308-304-612
9. Oregon State 315-299-614
10. Colorado State 310-307-617
11. New Mexico State 305-314-619
12. Fresno State 311-311-622
13. Santa Clara 314-317-631
14. Miami 322-317-639
Top Individual Results
1. Jenelle Gomez, San Jose State 70-68-138
2. Selanee' Henderson, UC Irvine 69-71-140
3. Allison Goodman, California 72-73-145
4. Lindsay Caljouw, Colorado 70-76-146
4. Dominique Pytewski, Colorado 74-72-146
4. Tiffany Veerkamp, Fresno State 73-73-146
7. Sirapa Kasemsamran, San Jose State 73-74-147
8. Jessi Gebhardt, Oregon State 77-71-148
8. Amber Prange, Washington 76-72-148
8. Shannon Yocum, California 76-72-148
8. Julie Kim, Colorado 72-76-148
8. Cristina Corpus, San Jose State 71-77-148