Men's Tennis Falls to No. 10 UCLA
April 6, 2007
LOS ANGELES, Calf. - The tenth-ranked UCLA Bruins Men's Tennis team proved to be too much for the Sun Devils as the ASU fell in a straight sweep at the Los Angeles Tennis Center Friday afternoon. The Sun Devils are now 11-7 overall and 2-1 in Pac-10 play.
The Bruins came out strong in doubles, though the Sun Devils hung tough in two matches as both duos of Matt Brooklyn and Wes Miller and T.J. Bellama and Murilo Souza just fell to the Bruins in a close 8-6 match.
Singles was a similar story for ASU as no Sun Devil was able to to win a set with the Bruins sweeping all six in straight sets Sophomore T.J. Bellama played a tough match in the number five spot just falling to Mathieu Dehaine 7-6, 6-4.
The Sun Devils are now 11-7 overall and 2-1 in Pac-10 play with a match versus USC looming tomorrow afternoon in LA at 1 p.m. PT.
(12) Gruendler/Kohlloeffel (UCLA) def. (57) Brooklyn/Miller (ASU)
Abid/Surapol (UCLA) def. Hegarty/Rebaza (ASU)
Dehaine/Drean (UCLA) def. Bellama/Souza (ASU)
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3 - UCLA Wins Doubles Point
(4) Benjamin Kohlloeffel (UCLA) def. Matt Brooklyn (ASU)
(38) Haythem Abid (UCLA) def. (96) Juan Carlos Rebaza (ASU)
(53) Chris Surapol (UCLA) def. Wes Miller (ASU)
Mathieu Dehaine (UCLA) def. T.J. Bellama (ASU)
Michael Look (UCLA) def. Nick Hegarty (ASU)
Jeremy Drean (UCLA) def. Murilo Souza (ASU)
* Denotes Clinching Match - Singles Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4