Men's Tennis Falls 6-1 To No. 36 Washington
April 13, 2007
SEATTLE, Wash. - Even though freshman Matt Brooklyn continued his phenomenal rookie campaign the Sun Devils fell 6-1 Friday afternoon against the 34th-ranked Huskies in Seattle. The Sun Devils are now 11-9 overall and 2-3 in Pac-10 play with a match against the Oregon Ducks looming this Sunday.
The Sun Devils hung tough against the Huskies in doubles with Matt Brooklyn and Wes Miller taking a win in the one spot, defeating the 43rd-ranked duo of Daniel Chu and Alex Slovic - 6-5(5). It wasn't enough though as the Huskies took wins in the second and third spots to take the doubles point.
The story remained the same in singles play as Matt Brooklyn came out to top Daniel Chu in the two-spot in straight sets, winning 6-3, 7-5. That's where the Sun Devil rally stopped though as Washington took the other five matches to win 6-1.
The Sun Devil Men's Tennis Team will now travel up to Oregon to take on the Ducks Sunday afternoon in Eugene.
Results from ASU vs. Washington
1. #57 Miller/Brooklyn (ASU) def. #43 Slovic/Daniel Chu (UW), 6-5 (5)
2. Fischer/Ricks (UW) def. Hegarty/Rebaza (ASU), 8-4
3. Kuharszky/Drabble (UW) def. Bellama/Jack Marsh (ASU), 8-3
1. Alex Slovic (UW) vs. #96 Juan Rebaza (ASU), 6-1, 6-1
2. Matt Brooklyn (ASU) def. Daniel Chu (UW), 6-3, 7-5
3. Andy Kuharszky (UW) def. Wes Miller (ASU), 6-0, 6-4
4. Patrik Fischer (UW) def. T.J. Bellama (ASU), 6-4, 6-1
5. Derek Drabble (UW) def. Nick Hegarty (ASU), 6-1, 6-4
6. Michael Ricks (UW) def. Jack Marsh (ASU), 6-0, 6-2
Order of Finish:
Doubles: 3, 2, 1
Singles: 6, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive