Notes from Game Seven of the 2007 Women's College World Series
June 2, 2007
NCAA WOMEN'S COLLEGE WORLD SERIES
May 31- June 6, 2007
ASA Hall of Fame Stadium
Game 7: DePaul 3,
· DePaul improved to 47-12 on the year (3-7 all-time in the WCWS) while ASU dropped to 54-17 (5-12 in the WCWS).
· The win marked the first for DePaul in the WCWS since 1999 when they defeated
· The victory was the first for the Blue Demons over ASU. DePaul entered the contest with a 0-4 record against the Sun Devils.
· DePaul moved to 39-3 in games when it scores first and 21-3 when hitting at least one home run.
· With her fifth-inning homer, Sandy Vojik moved into a tie four fourth all-time on the DePaul single-season home run list. It was the sophomore's third long ball of the postseason. Vojik entered the WCWS with a .875 slugging percentage in 2007 postseason play.
· Vojik's three RBIs were the most of any player in this year's WCWS. It was Vojik's 14th multi-hit game of the year which tied a season high for the Blue Demons.
· Striking out Sandy Vojik to start the game, ASU's Katie Burkhart became the all-time Pac-10 single-season strikeout leader at 517. Just a junior, the
· With her nine punchouts today, Burkhart moved into the eighth spot on the NCAA's single-season strikeouts list. Burkhart entered the game tied for ninth with
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive