ASU Softball Walk-On Information for the 2007-2008 Season
July 13, 2007
ASU SOFTBALL WALK-ON TRY-OUT INFORMATION - 2007/2008
Initial Meeting - Friday, August 24, 2007 at 4 pm - Farrington Stadium
Tryouts will be held: Thursday, August 30 (5 pm), Friday, August 31 (3 pm), and Saturday, September 1 (10 am) (if needed)
Tryouts and Initial-Eligibility: If you have questions about eligibility contact Susanna Tamol at 480-965-5722 or email Susanna@asu.edu. NOTE: If you are a new student for Fall 2007, Susanna cannot return your call or email per NCAA rules until the 1st day of classes on August 21, 2007.
If you are interested in trying out for the ASU Softball team, follow the instructions below.
Signatures are not available until on or after the first day of the Fall 2007 semester - August 21, 2007. Please note that 'CSAC' stands for
1. You can pick up your purple Tryout Route Form from the Compliance Office lobby desk located on the 2nd floor (Room 208) of the CSAC building. This purple form MUST be completely filled out and signed by Susanna Tamol before you can try out. Susanna will verify all information submitted and give you a copy of the signed form. Once you are approved, your name will be added to an official list of eligible participants for try-out.
2. Fill out the top portion on the front and the bottom portion on the back of the form.
3. See a Softball Coach for signature on Line 1. You must obtain this signature FIRST. The Softball coaching staff offices are on the 2nd floor of the CSAC and they also have offices at the Softball Field as well.
4. See the Sport Administrator (on the sixth floor of the CSAC) for signature on Line 2.
5. See the University Registrar (on the first floor of the
6. See the Athletic Trainer (on Lower Level 1 of this CSAC) for signatures on Line 4 AND on the back of the form. You MUST show your Medical Insurance Card AND written proof of having a physical by a Medical Doctor licensed in the state of
7. Return to the Office of Compliance (CSAC 208) for signature on Line 5. You must obtain this signature LAST. Bring your Tryout Route Form, your Enrollment Verification letter from the University Registrar, and proof that you passed your physical.
8. You are NOT eligible for any team activities without a completed purple Tryout Route Form.
9. Allow at least 3 business days (more than 3 days if you have not yet had a physical) for completion of the entire form.
If you have specific questions about the try-outs, you can call Softball Operations Director, Jim Beitia at 480-727-7312.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Thu 3/22 | 5:00pm PTLive
Fri 3/23 | 3:00pm PTLive
Fri 3/23 | 5:00pm PTLive