Stanford Blanks Hawai'i 7-0 In Final Fall Tuneup
Nov. 25, 2007
STANFORD, Calif.- Stanford blanked Hawai'i 7-0 in a mock dual match at the Grand Wailea Resort on Nov. 20, representing both team's final action during the fall season.
Stanford won two of the three doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead heading into singles action.
In singles play, Stanford registered straight-set wins in five of the six matches.
With only five available players, the Rainbow Wahine forfeited No. 6 singles and No. 3 doubles. The dual match results will not count toward either team's record, however, individual results will count.
Stanford opens the spring season at the Freeman Invitational in Las Vegas, Nev., on Jan. 11.
Doubles (Stanford wins doubles point)
1. Bihag/Kobuch (UH) def. Burdette/Deason (STAN), 9-7
2. Durkin/Hodzic (STAN) def. Sandborn/Tanaka (UH), 8-2
3. UH Forfeit
Singles (each match worth one team point)
1. No. 15 Jessica Nguyen (STAN) def. Sophie Kobuch (UH), 6-1, 6-0
2. No. 16 Lindsay Burdette (STAN) def. Chloe Bihag (UH), 6-2, 6-3
3. Hilary Barte (STAN) def. Julia Sandborn (UH), 6-2, 6-1
4. Carolyn McVeigh (STAN) def. Marie Tanaka (UH), 6-0, 6-0
5. Jennifer Yen (STAN) def. Brittany Beswick (UH), 6-0, 6-0
6. UH Forfeit
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Wed 10/18 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/19 | 3:00pm PTLive