High Seeds Advance at Nordstrom Open
Jan. 12, 2008
SEATTLE - Three current Huskies and one former one advanced to the semifinals of the Nordstrom Open today at the Nordstrom Tennis Center.
The top four seeds all advanced via two wins on Saturday. No. 1 seed Daniel Chu, who finished his senior year in 2007, defeated Husky junior Ryo Sekiguchi, 6-2, 6-3. Second-seeded Andy Kuharszky pulled out the day's closest match in a third-set tiebreak over junior David Chu, Daniel's younger brother.
Semifinal matches get underway at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, with the final to follow. Matches in the open tournament do not count towards the Washington players' season records.
Washington Men's Tennis
Nordstrom Open - 1/12/08
Nordstrom Tennis Center
(2) Andy Kuharszky (UW) d. (5) David Chu (UW), 6-4; 4-6; 7-6
(3) Patrik Fischer (UW) d. (5) Tobias Obenaus (UW), 7-5; 6-3
(4) Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan (UW) d. Alexander Rosinski (UW), 6-1; 6-1
(1) Daniel Chu d. (5) Ryo Sekiguchi (UW), 6-2; 6-3
Round of 16
(2) Andy Kuharszky (UW) d. Bryan Thorp, 6-2; 6-3
(5) David Chu (UW) d. Max Manthou, 6-0; 6-4
(3) Patrik Fischer (UW) d. Denis Limitovski, 6-1; 6-0
(5) Tobias Obenaus (UW) d. Bradley Bator, 6-2; 6-2
Alexander Rosinski (UW) d. (5) Derek Drabble, 6-1; 7-6
(4) Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan (UW) d. Ken Bang, 6-1; 6-2
(5) Ryo Sekiguchi (UW) d. Martin Kildahl (UW), 7-5; 6-3
(1) Daniel Chu d. Davis Mangham, 6-2; 6-4
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive