Cal Hosts Oregon Riding 3-Game Winning Streak
Feb. 8, 2008
Oregon Ducks (13-9, 4-6) at California Golden Bears (14-7, 5-5)
Saturday, Feb. 9, 4 p.m., Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
Radio: KYOU (1550 AM)
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Golden Bear Game Notes ...
* California tries to extend its winning streak to four games when the Golden Bears host Oregon Saturday at 4 p.m. in Haas Pavilion. The contest will be televised in Northern California by Comcast SportsNet.
* In Thursday's 81-76 victory over Oregon State, F Ryan Anderson scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds. In the process, he became the first sophomore in school history to reach 1,000 career points, finishing the game with 1,004.
* Cal's next win will be the 550th of head coach Ben Braun's career. He ranks 10th among active Division I coaches in total victories.
* Cal has a 71-54 series advantage over Oregon and has won the past seven times the Ducks have visited Berkeley. Last year in Haas Pavilion, Ryan Anderson's three-point play with just over a minute left gave the Bears a one-point lead, and they held on for a 63-61 victory. In Eugene on Jan. 10 of this season, Cal battled back from a 14-point deficit to take a 56-54 lead with 7:19 to go, but eventually fell, 79-70.
* Cal's three-game winning streak is its longest in Pac-10 play since the Bears won six in a row from Jan. 26 through Feb. 16, 2006.
* With 81 points vs. Oregon State, Cal has overtaken Oregon for the Pac-10 scoring lead, now pouring in 78.9 ppg. Oregon is averaging 78.6 ppg. The Bears have not paced the conference in scoring since the league began figuring leaders based on full-season statistics in 1975-76.
* In addition, Cal also tops the Pac-10 in free throw shooting (76.3%) and assists (16.52 apg), while ranking second in three-point shooting (38.3%), defensive rebounds (25.19 rpg) and three-point percentage defense (31.9%).
* Senior C DeVon Hardin made a successful return to the lineup vs. Oregon State after missing two games in Washington last week with a viral infection. He played 18 minutes off the bench and contributed 9 points (4-5 FG, 1-3 FT), 3 rebounds, an assist and a block.
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
Wed 11/22 | 2:00pm PTLive
Wed 11/22 | 4:00pm PTLive