Bears Visit Arizona State Saturday Afternoon
Feb. 15, 2008
California Golden Bears (14-9, 5-7) at Arizona State Sun Devils (16-7, 6-5)
Saturday, Feb. 16, 3 p.m. PT/4 p.m. MT, Wells Fargo Arena, Tempe, AZ
Radio: KYOU (1550 AM)
TV: Comcast SportsNet
California Game Notes ...
* Cal looks to rebound from an 83-73 setback at Arizona when the Golden Bears visit Arizona State Saturday at 3 p.m. PT/4 p.m. PT. The game will be televised in Northern California by Comcast SportsNet.
* Cal has won six of its last seven games at ASU, including a 66-62 overtime decision last year. Ayinde Ubaka scored eight of his 14 points in the extra period to lead the Bears.
* Three of the last four Cal-ASU games have gone into overtime, including the first matchup this season when the Sun Devils won, 99-90, in double OT on Jan. 17 in Berkeley. In addition to last year's contest in Tempe, ASU also prevailed, 65-64, in double OT in Berkeley in 2006.
* Sophomore F Ryan Anderson had 19 points and 15 rebounds in Thursday's game at Arizona, marking the fourth time in his last nine games he has snared at least 15 boards.
* The first sophomore in school history to score 1,000 career points, Anderson enters Saturday's game with 1,040 points - good for 33rd on Cal's all-time list. If he reaches his season average of 21.8 ppg against ASU, he will move all the way to 27th place.
* One game after being limited to a season-low two points vs. Oregon, sophomore G Patrick Christopher bounced back with a team-high 21 points at Arizona, sinking 8-of-14 shots from the floor, including 3-of-6 from three-point range.
* After going 8-for-16 from long distance at Arizona, Cal raised its season three-point rate to 38.1 percent, which stands as the second-highest in school history. The record is 38.7 percent set in 1989-90.
* Cal is also on pace to establish a team mark at the free throw line where the Bears are shooting 77.1 percent - a figure that ranks sixth in the country. The Cal record is 76.9 percent, which was set last year.
* In seven road games this year, Anderson has averaged 25.4 ppg and 12.7 rpg, shooting 51.2 percent from the floor, 54.1 percent from three-point range (20-37) and 93.8 percent from the free throw line (30-32). Among his efforts are 36 points and 13 rebounds at Nevada, 24-11 at Kansas State, 27-9 at Washington State and 33-17 at Washington.
* Cal's next win will be the 550th of Braun's career. He ranks 10th among active Division I coaches in total victories, owning a 549-382 mark in his 31st season.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive