Stanford Senior Series: Stephanie Gentry
March 3, 2008
Stanford, Calif. - In our six-part series featuring all six Stanford women's gymnastics senior class, we focus today on Stephanie Gentry. A native of Plano, Tex., Gentry has been a contributor on vault this season recording 9.825's twice throughout the season. Last season she competed on floor and vault, recording 9.850 high's in each event. During her sophomore season she was named to the All Pac-10 Academic Team.
She has helped the Cardinal out to a 9-4 record on the season and a No. 9 national ranking. Elmore will be competing for the final time at home this Friday, Mar. 7 at Maples Pavilion at 7:00 p.m. Come cheer on Gentry and the five other Stanford women's gymnastics seniors for one last time this Friday.
Seven Questions with Stephanie Gentry
1. Why did you choose Stanford?
I chose Stanford University because of its combination of academic andathletic excellence.
2. How has Stanford women's gymnastics changed you since you came inas a freshman?
It has taught me things about life that I didn't know before.
3. What is your most memorable meet these past four years?
Probably NCAA's last year or any meet where we've beaten UCLA.
4. Describe a memorable off the court moment as a team in your time atStanford?
Our pow wow before NCAA's - it was a very emotional experience, theculmination of everything our team has been through and how much we careabout each other.
5. What is your favorite class at Stanford?
Sleep and Dreams, British Politics, and Russian.
6. What is something you would tell any aspiring gymnast?
Work hard and have fun.
7. What do you plan to do after you graduate?
I'm not technically graduating until December 2008 because I am studyingabroad in Moscow this fall!!!
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive