11 Questions With Zack Zerrenner
Oct. 23, 2008
Get to know UCLA freshman defender Zack Zerrenner in this week's 11 Questions. Zerrenner has become a regular starter for UCLA at right back, earning starts in nine of 11 games played. He has totaled two assists on the year. Zerrenner hails from Santa Barbara, Calif. and was a member of the Real SoCal club team that won three consecutive national championships.
1. What was the deciding factor in you choosing to play at UCLA?
I came to UCLA to win a National Championship and to improve my game as much as possible.
2. Describe your emotions right before your first game.
I was really excited and nervous, but when I got my first touch, all the nervousness went away.
3. Is there any special meaning to your uniform number?
When I was younger, I always chose the number of whatever age I was at the time. I did this until I was 13, and I stayed with that number until I got here. I'm now 18 years old with number 18.
4. What is the best thing about being a Bruin?
The best thing about being a Bruin is being right here in Los Angeles. You're pretty close to everything.
5. Which member of the UCLA soccer team would you like to trade places with for a day and why?
I would trade places with my roommate Andy Rose because he's hilarious, and his accent goes a long way.
6. What word best describes you on the field, and what word best describes you off the field?
I would have to say on the field I'm a hard worker, and off the field I'm a trustworthy person.
7. What is your all-time favorite movie?
I would currently say it's this movie Andy Rose showed me called Snatch.
8. Who is your favorite soccer player and your favorite athlete in a sport outside of soccer?
My favorite soccer player of all time is Zinedine Zidane, and my favorite athlete outside of soccer would be Kobe Bryant.
9. Last in the alphabet. Good or bad?
It definitely depends on the situation, but I've gotten used to it over the years.
10. Your full name is Zachary with an H, so why do you spell your shortened name Zack with a K?
Well, my little sister's full name is Adeline, and her shortened name is Addi. I guess that's just the way my parents wanted it.
11. Name your all-time UCLA Soccer Starting XI
Goalkeeper: Brad Friedel
Defenders from left to right: Chris Cummings, Brad Rusin, Greg Folk, Chance Myers
Midfielders from left to right: Jason Leopoldo, Andy Rose, Christian Vazquez, Sal Zizzo
Forwards: Paul Caligiuri, Jonathan Bornstein
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive