WSU at Oregon State, Post Game Notes
Jan. 16, 2009
Washington State at Oregon State – Jan. 15, 2009 – Corvallis, Ore. (Gill Coliseum)
Final Score: Washington State 61, Oregon State 57 (OT)
Washington State Notes:
· Taylor Rochestie scored his 1,000th career points at the 12:22 mark in the first half…he now has 1,013 points between his freshman year at Tulane (304 points) and his three years at WSU…finished with 14 points.
· Aron Baynes recorded his first double-double of the season with 17 points and 11 rebounds…the fourth of his career.
· Freshman DeAngelo Casto got the first start of his collegiate career.
· Cougars played first overtime game of the season…first since double-overtime against Washington, March 8, 2008.
· Rochestie scored in double-figures for the seventh-straight game.
· Daven Harmeling scored his first points since scoring three points at Idaho (Dec. 21)…first Pac-10 points of the season…hit first field goal since Idaho with a 3-pointer to tie the game at 50 with 1:50 to go in regulation.
· Cougars started game shooting 5-for-6 from the field (.883) to open the first half (until the first media timeout at 13:42).
· Marcus Capers scored his first point(s) since scoring four at Idaho Dec. 21…first Pac-10 points of his career.
· Charlie Enquist saw his first action since playing four minutes against Montana State (Dec. 13)…the first Pac-10 appearance of his career…played eight minutes.
· The Cougars shot a season first-half-high .647 (11-for-17) from the field…previous best was .583 (14-for-24) against Montana State (Dec. 13).
· Marcus Capers played 20 minutes…the second most minutes of his career…most is 26 against MVSU in season opener).