2009 State Farm Pac-10 Tournament: Game Six Notes
March 13, 2009
- This was the first Tournament meeting between the Beavers and the Bruins.
- UCLA advances to the Tournament’s semifinal round, where it will face Stanford at 8:30 tomorrow night.
- Stanford is 4-1 vs. UCLA in the Tournament, but the one loss came in the 2006 title game (85-76 in OT).
- The Bruins’ Tournament record is now 9-6. UCLA will be making its 5th appearance in the Tournament’s semifinal round, where it has a 1-3 record.
- OSU’s Tournament record is now 4-8. This season its record is 19-11.
- UCLA won for the first time this season after trailing at halftime (0-9 before tonight.)
- With the score tied 2-2, OSU guard Brittany Davis scored her team’s next 12 points (OSU led 14-12 at 7:07.) She finished the half with 15 of the Beavers’ 26 points.
- After being held scoreless in the 1st half, UCLA F/C Christina Nzekwe scored the Bruins’ first 7 points of the 2nd half (OSU led 32-28).
- UCLA tied the game at 41-41 with 9:35 to go in the game, the first the game was tied since 12-12 midway through the 1st half.
- UCLA retook the lead, 46-45 at the 5:53 mark, its first since it led 6-5. The lead then changed 5 times in the next 2:22 before UCLA took its largest lead of the game to that point at 2:36 (55-49). The Beavers did not get closer than three points after that.
- Davis earned her 8th 20+ scoring game of the season.
- UCLA trailed 47-46 with less than 5:00 to go. In winning, it did so for the first time in 11 tries this season.
- Bruin forward Atonye Nyingifa scored a career high 18 points and equaled her career high for rebounds with 10.
- Nzekwe had 10 rebounds, one off her career high and 3rd double digit game of her career. Her 7 offensive rebounds tied her career high in that category.
- UCLA had a season low 10 turnovers. This also tied for 10th place on the Tournament single game list for fewest turnovers.
- OSU’s 28 rebounds were the 5th (tie) lowest in a single Tournament game.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Now on Pac-12 Network
Get Pac-12 Networks
Pac-12 Networks Channel Finder