Bruins Down Wildcats in Tucson, 4-2
April 12, 2009
Tucson, Ariz. - After rain halted play on Saturday, the No. 11 UCLA women's tennis team completed its match against Arizona on Sunday morning, taking a 4-2 decision over the Wildcats at the LaNelle Robson Tennis Center in Tucson.
Both teams agreed to start with singles on Saturday in hopes of gettin in a result before the rain came. Although that didn't happen, the Bruins managed to get two points before play stopped, as Carling Seguso downed Debora Castany, 6-1, 6-1 at court No. 5, and Stephanie Wetmore beat Jane Huh, 6-2, 6-1 at court No. 6.
Although it would have no impact on the final result, the teams agreed to play one doubles match, as Danielle Steinberg and Sarah Landsman downed Seguso and Wetmore, 8-4 at court No. 2.
UCLA rounds out the regular season on Friday, traveling across town to face No. 9 USC at 1:30 p.m.
1. Not played
2. Steinberg/Landsman (UA) def. No. 30 Seguso/Wetmore (UCLA) - 8-4
3. Not played
1. (16) Yasmin Schnack (UCLA) def. (94) Danielle Steinberg - 6-0, 6-4
2. Natasha Marks (UA) def. (45) Andrea Remynse (UCLA) - 6-1, 3-6, 6-3
3. Sarah Landsman (UA) def. (90) Maya Johansson (UCLA) - 7-5, 6-2
4. Nina Pantic (UCLA) def. Ariane Masschclein (UA) 7-5, 6-1
5. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Debora Castany (UA) 6-1, 6-1
6. Stephanie Wetmore (UCLA) def. Jane Huh (UA) - 6-2, 6-1
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive