Baseball Hosts Spring Tournament As Beavers Start 12-Game Homestand
March 10, 2010
Oregon State (7-3) vs. Utah (6-5)
RHP Greg Peavey (1-0, 0.64) vs. RHP Andrew Wilding (1-1, 3.45)
March 12, 2010 • 6 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State opens up the Oregon State Spring Tournament by playing Utah Friday night at 6 p.m. PT at Goss Stadium. It will be the second game of the day for the Utes.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com). Jay Reese is behind the mic to call play-by-play. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Tanner Robles spun 7 2/3 innings of scoreless baseball, and Oregon State utilized some timely hitting for a 9-0 shutout of Utah Valley Saturday afternoon. Robles scattered nine hits over those seven innings, but held the Wolverines off the scoreboard otherwise. He struck out nine and teamed with Nick Stiltner to shut out Utah Valley.The offense posted seven hits off three Utah Valley pitchers, led by Stefen Romero’s two.
Schedule Note For This Weekend
Portland and Utah will square off against one another Friday at 2 p.m. prior to the Beavers’ game. The clubs will also play at 11 a.m. on Sunday before the Beavers play Portland at 3 p.m.
A Ticket Note, Too
The games involving Portland and Utah will be free admission. However, any game involving Oregon State will require a ticket. For fans attending non-OSU games, have your tickets out between games.
OSU has out-scored its opponents by 36 runs; the Beavers have allowed just 33.
Notes Of Importance
• The game Friday is the first of 12 straight at home for the Beavers. Oregon State will also not leave the state of Oregon until April 1 when opening Pacific-10 Conference play at USC.
• If the 12 games are played as scheduled, it will be OSU’s longest homestand since the Beavers played 10 straight at Goss in 2007.
• Oregon State has outscored its opponents, 15-0, in the third inning this season.
• The Beavers dropped their ERA from 2.82 to 2.54 after Tanner Robles and Nick Stiltner shut out Utah Valley Saturday.
• Head coach Pat Casey is 2-0 against Utah. However, no current Beaver has ever squared off against Utah.
• Oregon State has three shutouts through 10 games this season. The Beavers had three in 56 games in 2009.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
Thu 1/25 | 6:30pm PTLive