No. 15 Women's Rowing Hosts Gonzaga on Saturday
March 19, 2010
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The No. 15 ranked Oregon State women’s rowing team is heading back down to Dexter Lake this weekend to face Gonzaga University on Saturday, March 20.
“We’re looking forward to facing Gonzaga at Dexter Lake this weekend,” head coach Emily Ford said. “Gonzaga is historically a strong, well-coached team and I expect that they will give us their very best. We will need to have solid races across the board. We've been having some nice practices, so I look forward to seeing how we perform come race day.'
This will be the Beavers first contest against the Bulldogs this season. The races begin at 9 a.m. in Lowell, Ore. with the women bringing a varsity 8+, second varsity 8+, two novice 8+ crews and two varsity 4+ crews to compete.
Last season, the Oregon State women's varsity 8+ crew raced to a victory over the Bulldosg as the Beavers won four-of-five races in a dual regatta against Gonzaga
The regatta at Dexter Lake is the last on at home for nearly a month for the Beavers. They head to the PAC-10 challenge in Redwood Shores, Calif., April 3-4.
Check back on osubeavers.com for results.
GETTING TO DEXTER LAKE
From I-5 North or South:
- Take Exit 188A Highway 58/Willamette Hwy – Towards Oakridge
- Follow Highway 58 East for approximately 13.5 miles
- Left at Jasper-Lowell Rd. (Covered Bridge is on left-hand side right before the turn)
- Follow Jasper-Lowell Rd. for 0.7 Miles
- Left on North Shore Dr. - North Shore Dr. turns into Pengra Rd.
- Lowell Recreation Site is located 0.7 miles from turn on the left hand side.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive