This Week in Pac-10 Men's Basketball
March 22, 2010
NCAA TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
NCAA East Regional - Syracuse, N.Y.
Thurs., Mar. 25
No. 11 WASHINGTON vs. No. 2 West Virginia, 7:27 p.m. ET
No. 12 Cornell vs. No. 1 Kentucky, approx. 9:57 p.m. ET
Sat., Mar. 27
Should Washington advance
WASHINGTON vs. Kentucky/Cornell winner, TBA
Game times local to site.
PAC-10 NCAA TOURNAMENT RESULTS
Thurs., Mar. 18 - San Jose, Calif.
No. 11 WASHINGTON 80, No. 6 Marquette 78
- Thomas 19 pts/8 asts, Pondexter 18 pts/11 reb
Fri., Mar. 19 - Jacksonville, Fla.
No. 8 CALIFORNIA 77, No. 9 Louisville 62
- Robertson 21 pts/5 reb, Randle 21 pts/5 reb
Sat., Mar. 20 - San Jose, Calif.
No. 11 WASHINGTON 82, No. 3 New Mexico 64
- Pondexter 18 pts/5 reb, Bryan-Amaning 15 pts/9 reb
Sun., Mar. 21 - Jacksonville, Fla.
No. 1 Duke 68, No. 8 CALIFORNIA 53
- Boykin 13 pts/11 reb, Randle 12 pts
PAC-10 TEAMS IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT
• Washington is making its 15th NCAA Tournament appearance and is 17-15 all-time.
• It’s the first Sweet 16 appearance for the Huskies since back-to-back trips to the Sweet 16 in 2005 and 2006.
• Washington captured the Pacific Life Pac-10 Tournament crown, its second league postseason title. The Huskies also hoisted the league’s postseason hardware in 2005.
• The Huskies are riding a nine-game winning streak, with the last eight of those wins coming away from home where it was 17-2 this season. They have won 14 of their last 16 games.
• All-Pac-10 senior G/F Quincy Pondexter ranks second on the school’s career scoing list with 1,780 points.
• Pondexter became the first player in Pac-10 history to earn five Pac-10 Player of the Week honors in one season.
• The Huskies lead the league in scoring at 79.9 points per game. They’ve led the league in scoring in four of the last six seasons. Washington also tops the league in rebounding (38.1 rpg).
• Sophomore G Isaiah Thomas has scored 1,121 points in just two seasons. It’s the highest total ever by a Husky in his first two seasons.
• Junior F Matthew Bryan-Amaning has been a solid contributor down the stretch for the Huskies. Over the last 13 games, he’s averaging 12.4 points and 7.5 rebounds, while shooting a solid 71-of-115 (.617) from the field.