Beavers Stay Home To Host Long Beach State In A Three-Game Set
March 25, 2010
Oregon State (15-3) vs. Long Beach State (9-10)
RHP Greg Peavey (2-0, 2.39) vs. RHP Andrew Gagnon (3-2, 3.00)
March 26, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State and Long Beach State open their three-game series Friday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Adalberto Santos hit his third home run of the season and Ryan Gorton threw five scoreless innings as the 17th-ranked Oregon State baseball team defeated Southern Utah, 11-1, Wednesday night at Goss Stadium. Gorton made his first start of the season and improved to 2-0 after going five full innings. He scattered six hits over that stretch and did not walk a batter while striking out four. Santos opened the game with a one-out solo shot in the first, his third round tripper of the season.
The NCAA released its first national stats pack on Wednesday, and OSU finds itself fourth in ERA, third in hits per nine innings, seventh in walks allowed per nine innings and 14th in fielding percentage.
Don’t Walk, No Don’t Walk
OSU pitchers have issued just 43 walks this season, or less than 2.4 per game. The staff has a K-to-BB ratio of 3.5:1.
Welcome Long Beach
Long Beach State makes its first ever trip to Corvallis this weekend.
Notes Of Importance
• OSU is 8-0 when allowing opponents two runs or less this season. Last season, the Beavers were 14-0.
• Oregon State is 20-1 in non-conference home games dating back to 2009. OSU’s only loss in that stretch came Feb. 27 against Tennessee.
• Long Beach State is the last team to shut out OSU, doing so May 19, 2008 in a 10-0 win in California.
• Adalberto Santos became the second Beaver to hit back-to-back home runs when doing so against Maine and Southern Utah. Stefen Romero did so in the series against Maine as well.
• The Beavers are scheduled to see three right-handed pitchers in the series. OSU is 10-2 against right-handed starters this season.
• OSU has outscored its opponents by 83 runs this season, or 4.6 per game.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive