It's No. 17 Vs. No. 3 When Oregon State Hosts UCLA This Weekend
April 7, 2010
Oregon State (19-6, 2-1) vs. UCLA (23-2, 2-1)
RHP Greg Peavey (2-0, 2.13) vs. RHP Gerrit Cole (6-0, 2.49)
April 9, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
It’s the battle of top 25 clubs when No. 3 UCLA visits No. 17 Oregon State Friday night at Goss Stadium. The first of the three-game series starts at 5:30 p.m. PT.
The games will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Ryan Gorton allowed just one run in a career-long seven innings as the 17th-ranked Oregon State baseball team defeated Portland, 9-2, in a midweek contest Tuesday night at Goss Stadium. The Pilots used eight pitchers and Oregon State sufficiently supported Gorton with a total of 12 hits, six of which went for extra bases. Adalberto Santos had three of those extra-base hits, tripling in both the first and fourth innings and doubling in the eighth.
Ack ... No. 3
UCLA will visit Corvallis as the nation’s No. 3 team. OSU is used to No. 3 clubs visiting Goss, as Arizona State did last season. The Beavers took 2-of-3 games from ASU last season.
Rob Folsom had four hits Tuesday night, the most in a game by an OSU batter this season. It extended his hit streak to six games, where he is 10-for-20 (.500) with nine RBI.
Out-Hit Must Be The Key
Oregon State is 14-0 this season when out-hitting opponents this season.
Notes Of Importance
• Adalberto Santos moved his hit streak to three games Tuesday, and is 6-for-12 during it. Santos has two triples, a double and three walks during the hit streak.
• OSU relievers have inherited 53 runners this season, allowing just 16 to score (30.1 percent).
• Opponents are batting just .232 against the team’s relievers this season, compared to .226 for the starters.
• The starters, meanwhile, have an ERA of 2.81 in 144 innings. They’ve accumulated 10 quality starts in 25 games (compared to 16 in all of 2009).
• Rob Folsom has a team-leading eight multi-RBI games this year. He has just three multi-hit games. He had four multi-RBI games in 2009.
• The No. 17 ranking by Baseball America is tied for the team’s highest ranking of the season. OSU was No. 17 on March 22 as well.
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Tue 12/19 | 6:00pm PTLive
Tue 12/19 | 8:00pm PTLive